BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3750 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (November 2017), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• The new Tawa logo
• Tawa College's academic prizegiving
• 2017 Tawa Community Christmas Parade
• Christmas Festival
• BNZ departing Tawa
• Spring into Tawa 2017
• Thanks to the Tawa community
• New Surrey St roundabout
• Rotary Club of Tawa business breakfast
• Spring into Tawa winner
• Tawa College community service
• Congratulations to Virtuoso Strings
• Tawa Light Party
• Tawa Rotary book fair
• Tawa College success
• Probus Club of Tawa meeting
• Bike Park progress
• Emergency water tanks and big emergency water tanks
• Plunket pre-loved sale
• Trucks in Woodman Drive
• The Family Store is back
• The cherry trees
• Free microchipping of cats
• New developments in Tawa
• New stores in Linden
• Takapu Island development
• 2 Minutes with ... Mohan Sudusinghe
• Predator Free coming to Tawa
• Tawa MenzShed AGM & barbecue next week
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we did it again in 2017. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .