TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS
Details of what's happening in Tawa are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
If you would like the newsletter emailed to you each month, please send an email request to email@example.com and include your name and a contact phone number.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (February 2019 Supplement), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• A BBQ in your street?
• Tawa Plan and Prepare Workshop
• Tawa Plaza upgrade
• New banners in central shopping area
• Bohemian Rhapsody drive-in cinema
• New planter boxes
• Volunteer fire fighters wanted!
• Cricket last Saturday
• Staying safe: Senior driving course
• More Tawa Community Education courses
• Congratulations to Micah Conroy!
• Tawa Lookout clean-up
• Linden Community event last Saturday
• Tawa Community Patrol appointment
• New seat replacing the pergola/platform
• Linden Station pedestrian overbridge
• Tawa Community Centre
• Greenacres School Mad Hatter's Gala
• New bus shelter
BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 4700 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past several years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we'll be working towards seeing many local streets taking part again in March this year. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
The TAWA COMMUNITY CIVIC AWARDS, held every second year since 2006, were run again in 2018 by the Tawa Community Board. The awards recognise and show appreciation to groups or individuals who enhance the Tawa community and make it a better place to live.