BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3850 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (Christmas 2017), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Tawa Primary Schools' Citizenship Awards
• Neighbours' Day in Tawa
• Tawa Lions Christmas Parade
• Tawa Christmas Festival
• Tawa College service in the community
• Maintaining our hanging baskets
• 4000L water tank donated to Linden School
• Tawa community grants
• Tawa Community Centre Christmas morning tea
• New Tawa Town Centre upgrade works update
• Tooting for Tucker last week
• Linden Schools's ceramic mural
• Pine trees and pollen
• Ban on sprinklers and irrigation systems
• Tawa Brickshow
• Pathway closure
• 2 Minutes with ... Steph Knight
• Community water stations in Tawa and Linden
• Christmas Services in Tawa
• Tawa Community Centre
• A summary of events in Tawa in 2017
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we did it again in 2017. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .