BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3980 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (February 2018), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Quiz for hanging baskets
• Tawa town centre upgrade
• It's good to be a good neighbour!
• Very first Tawa Community Service Award
• Tawa Music Centre enrolment day
• Tawa Judo Club beginners class
• Probus Club of Tawa meeting
• Train with Tawa Rugby Club
• 2 Minutes with ... Gil Roper
• Stephen Brassett completes The Longest Walk NZ
• Lectures at the Union Church
• Volunteer patrollers
• Electric vehicles in Tawa
• Tawa Community Garden
• Greenacres School Mad Hatter's Gala
• Last chance to apply for a Tawa Community Grant
• Health & Beauty Expo
• Tawa Community Centre
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we hope to see a similar number again in 2018. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .