BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3650 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (July 2017), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Opening of newly-fenced dog exercise area
• Commercial development at Takapu Island (southern end)
• Paxsters in Tawa?
• Replacing the hanging baskets
• 50th anniversary of Dr Brian Webb's death
• Kids' Cross Country series
• New local book release
• Babysitting & First Aid skills
• Tawa Pop-Up Market
• Cycling instruction at Hampton Hill School
• Brown pine trees around Tawa
• The inaugural Tawa Rotary business breakfast
• Te Kohanga Reo invitation
• Fundraising concert for Jemima Scott
• Tawa Recreation Centre holiday programme - July 2017
• Inner Wheel Tawa
• North Linden Winter Festival
• Spring into Tawa in late October
• Some Tawa College history
• 2 Minutes with ... Michael Johnson
• Tawa People
• What's so great about Tawa
• Thoroughly Modern Millie
• Tawa Community Centre
• Stop Press: Improved walk up through Forest of Tane
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we did it again in 2017. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .
For info about the Tawa Valley Pathway, click here. .