BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3400 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (April 2017), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Forest of Tane walk coming up
• A traditional Easter gala at Linden School
• Neighbours' Day in Tawa
• Recent community Neighbours' Day events
• Got your water tank yet?
• Begin your Greatest Adventure
• Tree felling coming up at Hampton Hill School
• Tawa College Community Education
• Tawa Memorial to open soon
• Hampton Hill bikeathon
• Holiday craft workshop
• Tawa pop-up market
• WCC Youth Council
• Congratulations to Mike Wood
• Congratulations to Simon Quirke
• Tawa Community Centre
• 2 Minutes with ... Stephen Mulholland
• When did Tawa Flat change its name to just Tawa?
• New housing at Takapu Island
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we did it again in 2017. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .
For info about the Tawa Valley Pathway, click here. .