TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS
Details of what's happening in Tawa are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
If you would like the newsletter emailed to you each month, please send an email request to email@example.com and include your name and a contact phone number.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (August 2018), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Want a stall at Spring into Tawa?
• Come to the Lions' Market and get your 200L water tank
• Rotary Tawa Book Fair
• Tawa Rotary business breakfast
• Mayor in the Chair
• Closure of pergola/platform again
• Tui Park Little Free Library
• Congratulations to Nada Bakery
• Tawa Bowling Club invitation
• Tawa College major production - "Our Town"
• Taylor Park dog exercise area remedial work
• Additional fencing in dog exercise areas
• Tawa Historical Society AGM
• KCA quiz night
• Grenada North bus 'base'
• Inner Wheel quiz night
• Passing of Tony Parker
• Railway crossing at Redwood Station
• News from Pest Free Tawa
• If you live in a "shared driveway" in Tawa ...
• 2 Minutes with ... Eric Raven
• Tawa's latest business will make everyone smile
• Tawa Community Centre
BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 4000 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
The TAWA COMMUNITY CIVIC AWARDS, held every second year since 2006, were run again in 2018 by the Tawa Community Board. The awards recognise and show appreciation to groups or individuals who enhance the Tawa community and make it a better place to live.
The awards ceremony took place on Thursday 7 June in the Tawa College staffroom. See details of nominees here.
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past several years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and there have been many similar gatherings again in 2018. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .