TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS
Details of what's happening in Tawa are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
If you would like the newsletter emailed to you each month, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and a contact phone number.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (September 2018), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Tawa's longest-running and most spectacular event
• Staying safe for senior drivers
• Mayor in the Chair
• Car parks in the central shopping area
• City Builder Lab Tawa
• Spring into Tawa next month
• Tawa Business Group
• Menzshed Tawa
• Tawa Pool open again
• Quiz Night for KCA
• Suicide Awareness evening
• Temporary closure of Collins Ave
• New Zealand Shake Out
• Out of this World music
• Ezy Movers fitness class
• New water treatment station at Linden Park
• Water tank sales in Tawa
• Forest of Tane update
• Willowbank Reserve Care Group cleanup
• Tawa Community Liaison Group meeting
• Tawa Stakeholders resilience meeting
• Progress with the upgrade of Tawa Plaza
• Update on the pergola/platform
• Can you help count kereru?
• Crossing Oxford Street near Melville Street
• Upper Stebbings Valley development
• Tawa Pippins, Brownies & Guides have places available!
• Tawa College student Trulani van der Heyde's recent visit to Africa
• Tawa College student Yolanda Latu's visit to Vanuatu
• Current signs on the Main Road ...
• 2 Minutes with ... Jean Hollier
• KCA assisting the community
• Opportunity for 18-24 year olds
• Do you know someone who deserves more thanks for their work?
• Tawa Community Centre
• Tawa Recreation Centre holiday programme
BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 4350 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
The TAWA COMMUNITY CIVIC AWARDS, held every second year since 2006, were run again in 2018 by the Tawa Community Board. The awards recognise and show appreciation to groups or individuals who enhance the Tawa community and make it a better place to live.
The awards ceremony took place on Thursday 7 June in the Tawa College staffroom. See details of nominees here.
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past several years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and there have been many similar gatherings again in 2018. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .